2008/07/25

Chris Vadham

Chris Vadham of The Western Union Band, released two CDs in 1994 and 1997, featuring some of the greatest WUB's hits plus a few new original compositions of his own.
The first CD album included Sausalito, Comes A Day, Remember Me, Somewhere In Between, Paper Roses Paper Dreams, I Need You To Turn To, When You Said Goodbye, Olivia, Keep Me In Your Heart, Don't Look Back, Father Mother Son and All The Young Dudes.
The second album included I Want You To Want Me, Arms Of Mary, Questions, New York Mining Disasters 1941, Howzat, Come Tomorrow, Glass Of Champagne, January, Lay Back In The Arms Of Someone, The Pied Piper, Down By The River, Baby Come Back and sailing Home To You. Both were great albums that gave many hours of listening pleasure. Thanks for the memories, Chris.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fans of Chris Vadham, I just heard from a friend of the band High Ground (Chris Vadham's band before Western Union Band) that he has in his posession a 70 minute rehearsal tape of the band taken during the year 1969. There is oen original Chris Vadham composition in there. He said he will make me a cdr and send to me. Will let you know how Chris sounded like in 1969.

Regards.

Joseph.C.Pereira

Francis Leong said...

Dear Joseph, before history or myself forget, I was the one playing bass with Abel and Chris in The Rubberband. Places we performed include The West Point, The Moonshine at Ocean Park and The Rasa Sayang in Tropicana. Warm Regards and Thanks for the good work!

goldenvenus said...

Dear Francis,

Nice of you to write. I wish I had seen Rubber Band. I read about the band but did not have an opportunity. Sigh.

Regards.

Joseph.C.Pereira

Anonymous said...

Dear Francis,

My personal e-mail is jpreynolds@pacific.net.sg

I would appreciate it if you would write me.

Regards.

Joseph.C.Pereira

Unknown said...

Can you please share his "Sailing home to you"? I think this is one of his famous songs but I can't find it anywhere. Thank you.

Vernon Cheong said...

Hopeyearn,

Yes, its a great song. Sailing Home To You has been included in my YouTube Channel. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I knew Chris when I was at Seletar he was in a group with a couple of guys at school in 67/69. I used to go and watch them practice on seletar camp

Laurence said...

Chris features on the album "Rock 'n' Roll Forever" by Crazy Laurence and the Front Page Band. He sings lead vocals on Johnny B. Goode and plays guitar on all tracks.
I just mention this for you avid collectors of Chris's recordings.
Laurence.

Anonymous said...

I was in Chris's original (first band) which we formed in 1967 at RAF Seletar where I was at school. We were called 'Prominent People' I played Rhythm, Chris Bass and his brother John Lead guitar. We started off with a school friend playing drums but later took on an Indonesian guy. We disbanded the band shortly before I returned to the UK and Chris went on to form 'High Ground' with some RAF guys then later 'Western Union Band'. We stayed friends right up to his death in Watford just outside London. Many of his former band mates made his funeral so he had a good send off worthy of one of the nicest men I knew. Chris Smith.